Director of Engineering, Merchant Integrations at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Director of Engineering to focus on Merchant Integrations.
About the team:
The Integration Specialists teams uses the production infrastructure and technical integration tools to create and manage all Honey integrations, of all types, with all supported merchants.
The engineering team is currently composed of 5 software engineers and a technical lead and owns the production infrastructure and all the tooling used to create and maintain all the technical integrations between Honey and all of our merchant partners, for all features; examples of merchant-specific integrations are applying coupons to a cart, detecting a checkout, managing a shopping cart for mobile checkout, extracting product information from a merchant page to update our catalogue of products, etc.
About the Role:
As Director, you will take the entirety of our Merchant Integrations Platform; this currently includes one engineering team (based in Los Angeles) and two teams of Integration Specialists (one in Santa Barbara, one off-shore). Your aim will be creating a new division for the Merchant Integrations domain, due to its mission-critical positioning in our roadmap and scaling needs (both technical and organizational) and would report to our VP of Engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of managers and development leads. Mentor, coach, and help build their capabilities, as well as identify and grow the next set of these leaders.
- Work with the VP and product management team to implement and prioritize across multiple stakeholders including Integration Specialists, Merchant Partners, and Engineering. Show good judgement in trade-offs and schedules.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive and implement the product. Identify, mitigate, communicate, escalate and manage risks early. Promptly resolve issues faced during operationalization by working with different stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to stakeholders based on best practices and experience working in a diverse environment
- Build & execute the roadmap successfully by overseeing progress, solving for issues, and ensuring overall goals are achieved
- BS in Computer Science, or relevant experience
- At least 15 years in the software industry, ideally at fast growing organizations
- At least 8 years of experience as a software engineer (no longer being hands on is fine)
- At least 5 years of direct management experience including managing through other managers
- Experience in scaling a system beyond 20M users
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.