Headspace has one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness through its app and online content offerings. At Headspace, our employees embody our three core values: selfless drive, courageous heart, and a curious mind.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
About the Director, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering at Headspace:
Headspace is looking for a Director, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering. This is a unique opportunity to lead and set strategy for teams responsible for our production infrastructure and the tools our developers need to make Headspace the most trustworthy, performant, and reliable product to bring to life our vision of improving the health and happiness of the world. You and your team will be responsible for ensuring that our members in Brazil, India, Germany, and Spain get the same experience and performance that our members in the United States get. You and your team will be responsible for creating the tools our developers need to create secure and resilient applications, and you will set the strategy for our internal infrastructure as we scale.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Define, plan and execute strategic roadmaps so that all engineering teams can utilize fully automated, self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable and reliable infrastructure services as standard practice
- Mentor and coach your team and build the next generation of engineering leaders with a focus on customer obsession, efficiency and cost consciousness
- Nurture the skill sets and careers of an extremely talented group of high-achieving individuals by establishing high-integrity trusted relationships, providing regular and specific growth-focused feedback, and setting inspiring individualized goals
- Partner closely with security, quality and product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability, business-continuity and new product objectives
What you’ve accomplished:
- Developing measurements to communicate your team's effectiveness across the organization
- Coaching the next generation of leaders, You can define goals for leaders and can create a clear and definite growth path at all levels
- Growing teams by hiring strong and high-potential technical and management talent, and continuing to champion diversity and inclusion as the team scale
- Understanding developer needs and how to translate them into systems that can be replicated, automated, and monitored to ensure compliance with operational standards while enabling teams to move at a greater velocity
- Build and manage vendor relationships, interacting with third-party contributors to facilitate effective partnerships
- Supporting an enterprise with high availability, disaster recovery, and security as top level concerns
- Leading teams through complex multi month projects with clear goals, deliverables, measurements, and milestones
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.