FULL - TIME
Los Angeles, CA (or Remote, U.S. - based only)
I’m sure you’re asking what it is we’re looking for. Is it DevOps? Is it SysOps? Here’s what we need…we need someone to own our production and development systems environments. We strive for stability, scalability, support, monitoring, continuous integration, systems architecture…we need world class performance and stability. And that means we need a world class team player to help champion that cause.
You’ll own our infrastructure, you’ll build out a truly epic production environment, and development platforms that will be the envy of engineering teams everywhere. As part of the team you’ll help drive and mature DevOps, improving our speed of execution, architecture, automation and integration with the development teams. How you go about it will be up to you…the only thing that will limit the brilliance of our systems will be your passion, urgency, technical skill and ownership.
- Scale our platforms to handle anything thrown at them
- Ensure 24x7 stability…all the 9’s!
- Establish amazing transparency of system performance through monitoring
- Work directly with engineers to review their designs and improve their technical strength
- Have the attitude of how can I help the team and engineers succeed
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great
- 8+ years of overall professional engineering experience
- 6+ years of demonstrable systems experience in scaling web, mobile, data and systems platforms
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of: Kubernetes, Ansible, Helm, Jenkins, Terraform, LAMP, Go, AWS, etc.
- Ability and desire to share technical vision and build consensus
- Strong knowledge of dev tools, quality tools, DevOps platforms, and the latest trends in all three
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or similar
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel occasionally, including internationally
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!