TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer who will support the Linux infrastructure within TeleSign Operations as we build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The technical operations team, working in conjunction with development and release engineering teams, employs an Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of deployment of TeleSign’s products and infrastructure.
The Operations team environment includes staff in Marina del Rey, CA, and Belgrade, Serbia. Team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management-based decision making, and bring innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike. Successful candidates will possess strong DevOps experience along with proven Linux skills. Candidates must self-motivate and demonstrate drive to research and complete assigned tasks whether working independently as a member of a cross-organizational team.
What you'll do:
- Build, implement and maintain the virtual machines using DevOps tools, process and procedures
- Provide support for production and testing environments. This includes troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and processes
- Ensure TeleSign’s availability SLAs are met through highly available and redundant infrastructure
- Effectively utilize internal ticketing system to manage workload and provide regular status updates on assigned projects and tickets
- Use available tools to monitor, manage and track system performance to ensure customer satisfaction and provide data in support of customer queries and feed to performance and capacity planning.
- Work with TeleSign security team to maintain the security and integrity of the network and systems.
- Participate in a on-call rotation shared across global operations teams.
- 2+ years experience with DevOps automation configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Kubernetes)
- Proficiency in bash scripting and additional language such as Python, Ruby, or Go
- 2+ years in supporting systems using several of the following:
- Virtualized environments (VMWare, AWS)
- Proficiency with database architecture (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Understanding of basic networking design (TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing).
Nice to have:
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools both on-premise and cloud environment.
- Familiarity with Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, ELK Stack, SIP and/or SMPP protocols.
- Linux based relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra).
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.