Factual is the location data company that the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide.
Factual is looking for a Systems/DevOps Engineer to join our team. Our search is for a special kind of Sysops/DevOps engineer -- one who codes to automate, is comfortable with cloud and physical infrastructure, and treats metal like a resource (e.g., hasn’t named a server after a Greek god in at least five years).
We respond to over 100Kqps, manage a multi-petabyte compute cluster, heavily use and contribute to open source systems and aggressively build, adopt, and deploy new technologies and capabilities.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with serious infrastructure that is servicing large amounts of data and traffic. You will partner with a large and outstanding engineering team, and employ state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
- At least 2 years of production Linux sysadmin experience in a high traffic environment
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, tcp/ip and related services.
- Must be able to code in at least in bash and python or ruby
- Nontrivial production experience with at least two of: docker, mesos, chef, kubernetes
- Nontrivial production experience with AWS
- Nontrivial production Hadoop experience
- Experience with modern monitoring tools
- Ability to manage physical hardware like servers, switches, pdus, etc. with appropriate automation and abstraction