DevOps Engineer - Bx
Constantly iterating our products to even more exciting technological heights, we rely heavily on our DevOps Engineer to manage and maintain a dynamic development for our development partners. This includes generating docker images for various development platforms, dynamically provisioning and tearing down development machines on AWS and on premises, and setting up CI/CD pipelines for the backend, web, and mobile. Because our agile environment moves incredibly fast, our DevOps Engineer must have the experience and skill set to provide the most efficient conditions for our engineers to thrive. As we grow, it’s critical that our DevOps Engineer actively explore new technologies that will further our efforts to unlock open data and make it useful across industries.
- Create Docker images used to set up development environment used by our partner developer on different technologies including: Ruby, Android, Python, and Angular.
- Automate provisioning and tearing down development machines for iOS and Android.
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines for backend and frontend.
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines for mobile (preferably using FastLane)
- Setting up code/test quality dashboards.
- Automate, maintain, and scale a cloud based production environment
- Continually monitor the health and uptime of our production environment and its dependencies
- Respond to any infrastructure issues in order to meet customer and internal SLAs
- Work in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical employees across all functional areas
- Use continuous deployment tools in order to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments
- The ability to create Terraform infrastructure-as-Code scripts
- The ability to code or script in Bash, Perl, Python (any other applicable language is fine)
- Extensive knowledge of AWS computing environments
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- System administration experience with Linux based systems in a distributed environment.
- Knowledgeable about security practices to ensure that our systems and data are secure.
- Knowledge and experience with central logging systems, specifically ELK.
- Experience configuring, deploying, and supporting at least one networking monitoring tool (Cacti, monit, MRTG, Nagios, PagerDuty, Zenoss, etc.).
- Knowledge and use of at least one configuration management system (Ansible, cfengine Chef, Puppet, etc.).
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place