SteelHouse is looking to add a DevOps Engineer to our technology team. This role is an internal client facing, hands on (individual contributor) engineering position directed towards improving upon existing infrastructure and working towards migrating to a public cloud environment.
- Work alongside internal team to create and deliver technical strategy
- Design and implement solutions for key pieces of infrastructure for deployment, monitoring, alerting, data storage, and security
- Evaluate new tools and technologies based on feature requirements, cost effectiveness, and reliability
- Continually improve the state of our existing infrastructure
- Revisit existing applications and infrastructure with a fresh perspective to suggest improvements and optimizations
- Experience of DevOps approach - automation is key: Ansible, Jenkins (CI/ CD), Puppet etc
- Experience scripting with Python, Ruby, Bash
- Linux OS and Package management
- Clear commitment to Cloud - track record with AWS preferred, but Google also of interest
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- Evidence of self-learning and a commitment to personal development is essential
- Problem solving skills and are an out of the box thinker
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, (or equivalent experience)
- Cassandra (highly preferred)
- Apache Kafka (highly preferred)
- Elastic/ELK stack
- Experience with Kubernetes/ Container Orchestration
The Gig Comes with a Few Perks:
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks, and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside - in our LA location
SteelHouse provides advertising software for direct marketers, agencies, and brands of all sizes. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite provides marketers with everything they need to launch retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social. The SteelHouse Creative Suite lets anyone create beautiful ads using the content around them. Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.