We’re looking for a Developer Support Engineer that will delight developers and assist them through the integration lifecycle. In this role, you’ll successfully enable Procore’s transition from Product to Platform by helping third-party developers, clients and systems integrators to efficiently build, deploy, support, and monitor their integrations to redefine the Construction Industry. As Procore’s developer advocates, we are passionate about supporting a quality API while focusing on the developer experience and championing our developers' interests internally at Procore.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you’ll work closely with R&D teams to improve our API by sharing feedback, engaging in API designs, and testing new features. This role is ideal for technical people who love to collaborate, advocate, and champion third-party developers and their interests.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a passion for technology and creative problem-solving. You are self-reliant and work well individually on projects and within groups and team settings. You are able to improvise and use reason to provide innovative solutions to challenging problems.
This position can be based in our Carpinteria, CA, Austin, TX, or Portland, OR office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for developers building on the Procore platform: API capabilities, integrations, troubleshooting issues, and more
- Manage technical and product issues and escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Engage with the product and engineering teams to help build, drive and improve our tools, processes, API and developer experience
- Participate in an Integration & Technical Services team that is committed to delivering efficient, powerful solutions to customers and developers.
- Contribute to API design, developer experience and documentation of our APIs
- Help build a strong developer community, collaborating on client communications and promoting our APIs
What We’re Looking For:
- 1+ years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical equivalent education and/or experience preferred
- General understanding of web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST)
- Programming experience and general knowledge of SQL; development experience with Ruby on Rails is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct client-facing communication and is comfortable bringing valuable insights to client meetings, and prioritizing or escalating customer issues as required
- Ability to teach non-technical customers/other team members about APIs and integrations
- Project and task-oriented with a focus on details
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.