Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
Dave is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in our newly formed Developer Productivity team to play an integral role in helping our Developers build quality products while shortening our product development lifecycle. This team’s mission is to help accelerate our product development lifecycle by building the next generation of CICD pipeline and automation tools so that our product development teams can focus on delivering an awesome virtual banking experience for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Be the liaison between Product Development, Infrastructure and Security teams in building immutable and scalable QA and Staging environments enhancing our CICD pipeline
- Work with our product development team to improve the SDLC process such as making sure the tools used are available when needed
- Work with our product development team to understand their workflows and experiences with our cloud technologies and help to eliminate any pain-points that exist
- Study bottlenecks in our release cycles and help to accelerate the delivery of our products through automation and best practices
- Mentor and coach teams on the latest cloud technologies that we support so that they can choose the right tool for the right job
- Innovate and iterate on our internal tools that help improve our product development lifecycle
- Design and document load testing and performance testing strategies
- Treat our non-production environments with urgency. Any delay in our SDLC pipeline will directly affect our Customer Experience.
- Join in and manage our production on-call rotation when required
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ Years of Software Engineering Experience
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and also self sufficient
- Knowledge of Infrastructure provisioning tools
- Expert level experience with CI/CD pipelines and the relevant tooling such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, Gitlab, and/or Github Actions
- Working knowledge of GCP or an equivalent cloud providerExperience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience building & working with caching layers such as Redis
- Experience programming in SQL, No-SQL
- Experience managing large MySQL or PostgreSQL deployments
- Experience with the Dave Tech Stack is a plus: Typescript (Runs on Node.js), MySQL, Google Cloud Platform, React Native, React
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.