Cloud Network Engineer at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL’s DevOps team is looking for a talented Cloud Network Engineer to join our growing organization.
You will be responsible for general tasks on enterprise systems including VPN configurations, network monitoring, network security, and configuration management of WELL’s cloud based infrastructure.
You will maintain a focus on protecting infrastructure from security holes, ensuring optimal monitoring of services to prevent downtime, developing auto-healing strategies, interacting with customers through VPN setup processes and looking to improve complex multi-team infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity if you are looking to take the next step in your Network and Security operations career and want to work at a fast-paced startup. You will join a talented team who is highly engaged with a lot of work with a wide range of cloud based infrastructure.
- Coordinate with internal teams and clients to build VPN’s that facilitate critical application communications
- Monitor the performance of networks and the health and connectivity of network infrastructure
- Developing improved process around network architecture and day to day workflow
- Deploy AWS services including new networks, network services and related platforms
- Audit existing services for problems in infrastructure with security, configuration or other possible issues
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Oversee routine maintenance procedures and perform diagnostic tests
- Conform to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity
- Analyze and review network security reports, resolve issues with open security concerns and conduct penetration testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience working with networking technology such as firewalls, routing, NAT, DHCP, IPSEC or similar
- Expertise in network concepts including TCP, UDP, routing, port assignment and security
- Expertise with Linux systems and comfortable with tasks such as command line usage and network tools
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network services
- Software coding and automation development experience with Bash, Python, PHP, Node or similar language, Python preferred
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- Experience with multi-region AWS or similar Cloud platform
- Experience with PFSense
- Experience with cloud provisioning software including Terraform, Cloudformation, AWS SDKs
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic remote company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited vacation/PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
WELL is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.