Cloud Engineer at BlackLine (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
- You must have an in-depth understanding of the full lifecycle of DevOps tools, such as Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, Vault, Consul and other tools as required.
- Manage servers/services in Google Public Cloud.
- Understand IP layer network traffic.
- Provide subject matter expertise to other groups on cloud native capabilities and tools
- Contribute to services running on Kubernetes clusters across multiple environments.
- Contribute code back to open-source projects to fix bugs and add features needed by our team
- Write new components from scratch when there is no suitable open-source project
- Build monitoring and react to alerts pertaining to health and performance
- Share the responsibility of being on-call
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences or related field.
- Proficiency with shell scripting or related tools (bash/python/go/typescript)
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency with Window 2012 - 2019
- Experience using Docker in production
- Can write clean, readable code
- Familiarity with networking, comp sci stuff, and distributed systems
- Eager to learn and soak in new information
- Excited about how container-based platforms can transform DevOps as we know it
- Strong ownership, pride of work, and ability to take things across the finish line
- Someone energized by a fast-paced, iterative approach
- Expertise in using and managing cloud platforms and cloud native tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A minimum of two years direct experience building or operating cloud native applications using Kubernetes and Docker
- Prior C#, ASP.NET, Python, Go or Java development experience, preferably in an agile SaaS environment
- Significant experience with open-source platforms and technologies
- Experience with software development processes and methodologies
- Experience building cloud native/cloud first applications in a cloud environment such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure