It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
Under the direction of the Cloud Architect, design, develop and test technical solutions to extend and enhance the iHerb e-commerce environment in the cloud. Analyze cloud technology trends for potential impact to the business technology strategy and recommend appropriate changes and areas of future enhancement.
- Design, Build and migrate solutions to the cloud across the organization.
- Review existing application stacks and improve, where possible, by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions.
- Secure the cloud ecosystem by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Collaborate with IT Operations teams and project stakeholders to ensure successful execution of solution integration plans.
- Maintain a strong understanding of core IT infrastructure concepts: data centers, security, networking, storage, compute, and software applications.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the cloud services community and fellow team members.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to leverage existing technologies to create simple, highly automated solutions with low maintenance overhead.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud services.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, or CentOS.
- Working knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Powershell, Python, or Perl.
- Strong sense of accountability towards the stability of our system.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi.
- Experience in working with load balancers and Global Traffic Managers.
- Experience in working with DNS servers.
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai).
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
Requires two or more years of experience with at least one cloud provider (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or similar), and 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related IT field required.