The person In Charge of CAE will be responsible for thought leadership in complete vehicle safety and leading in the definition of the vehicle architecture from concept to detailed design. Collaborate with other departments to deliver vehicle performance, packaging, and homologation.
- Understand global legal regulations and the impact on the product and be an industry-recognized thought leader in these aspects
- Work with key vehicle systems to deliver a global NCAP 5* vehicle and IIHS top safety pick
- Lead the development of strategies to deliver the above targets
- Ensure product is being engineered to meet global regulations within defined program timeline
- Support vehicle test team to deliver an optimized test plan
- Define test requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 15+ years of vehicle safety crash experience
- Highly experienced in CAE Crash Safety development
- First-hand experience on developing vehicle structure and occupant performance from concept to launch
- Hands-on experience in analyzing physical test results.
- Understanding of various BiW manufacturing process
- Design and development of component and sub-system tests
- Experience in direct dealing with NHTSA / EU authorities
- Experience in homologation, including CCC process.
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.