If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
CAE Crash safety engineer will be responsible for vehicle crash simulations, participate in defining the vehicle architecture from concept to detailed design. Collaborate with other departments to deliver vehicle performance, packaging, and mass optimization.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Build and maintain the crash model
- Set up boundary conditions and barriers for the load cases (including but not limited to FMVSS, USNCAP, Euro NCAP, C-IASI and IIHS)
- Post process the results and make design recommendation
- Define the vehicle structural architecture and support the packaging of key components for optimizing the crash performance
- Optimize the structure from concept to detailed design for mass and performance
- Support mass evaluations, trade and concept studies
- Support component, sub-systems, and vehicle testing to correlate the CAE model
- Collaborate with vendors to improve the material database and accuracy of the model
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5-15 years of CAE crash experience
- Highly skilled in “hands-on” CAE Crash Safety development
- Expert with LS-Dyna and HyperMesh pre-post processor
- In-depth understanding of Explicit solver/element formulation/material characterization
- First-hand experience on developing vehicle structure from concept to launch
- Strong understanding of physical hardware and its CAE representation
- Sound understanding of the various regulations and their evaluation criteria
- Understanding of various BiW manufacturing process
- Experience but not limited to steel and aluminum structure
- Design and development of component and sub-system tests
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.