Build and Release Engineer
Laserfiche’s software release processes have adapted and changed over the more than 30 years that Laserfiche has been helping its customers achieve their digital transformations. Today we are looking for the right deeply-technical, experienced, self-starter to help transform how Laserfiche releases our software.
The Build and Release Engineer will help over a dozen teams ensure that their software is packaged and delivered properly for both in-cloud and on-premises releases. You will coordinate with many scrum teams, the Release Manager, localization services, marketing and sales to help ensure a coordinated release. You will improve existing practices and help adapt, transform and modernize our release pipelines, including both formal external releases and internal continuous integration processes.
The Build and Release Engineer is expected to work across teams and across technologies, identifying and improving build, orchestration and release infrastructure.
- Help to manage and coordinate release-related activities across engineering teams and component owners
- Understand, operate and improve formal external release processes
- Understand, operate and improve internal build and continuous integration pipelines
- Collaborate across teams and find win-win solutions to challenges in the build, continuous integration and release processes
- Oversee and maintain key release process like localization, code signing, and final packaging
- Partner with functional teams to ensure changes are coordinated
- Stay aware of trends and improvements in build and release orchestration technologies
What You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as software tester, developer, or build and release engineer
- In-depth knowledge of build, deploy, test, and release engineering processes and the various tools and applications commonly used
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Git, Subversion, Windows Installer (WiX), AWS, Chef, Sensu, Kibana are all plusses
- Understanding of Cloud, Web and Windows application architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.