One by one, we are leading a movement to a future where all beauty is clean beauty. We are powered by people, and our collective mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Formulate, advocate & educate— that’s our motto for creating products that truly perform while holding ourselves to unparalleled standards of safety.
It’s really this simple: Beauty should be good for you.
We are looking for a great Software Engineer who can help build out Beautycounter’s platform. From ordering to customer accounts to product catalogs and pricing, you’ll work across the sets of services and functionality we provide to customers.
The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with our top-notch engineering team & product managers, and build great services and features for our customers, and then work with our highly-skilled engineers in both code reviews and architecture discussions to help drive forward a cohesive code base.
In this role you will:
- Develop new backend functionality & components.
- Help migrate our functionality and services to GCP.
- Help maintain a cohesive, well-engineered code base.
- Integrate with a team of engineers and participate in a collaborative, code review environment.
- Drive engineering efficiency improvements through build tooling, CI/CD pipeline improvements, architectural improvement, tech debt paydown, etc.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience building robust backend functionality(bonus points for ecommerce, order management or direct sales experience)
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Experience with RESTful APIs and concepts, interested in Serverless architectures / frameworks and microservices
- Interested in solving problems at scale
- Great cloud experience in Google or AWS (bonus points for FAAS:Google Cloud Functions, Firebase, or AWS Lamda)
- Able to build highly customized build pipelines in JS
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Travis, Cloud build, and deploying code to production
- Experience with JS unit and integration testing frameworks
- Operations experience an asset (capacity planning, incident response, security scanning, etc)