Backend Software Developer at Anagram
We founded Patch on the belief that healthcare benefits should be simple to use and easy to understand. After personal frustrations (on the phone with insurance companies for hours), we saw the system was causing misery where it didn’t need to. Given most Americans don't have $1K to their name, we realized people choose their healthcare based on what their insurance will cover. With over $350B is spent each year on administration in healthcare, this is an important problem that fantastic software and efficient processes can solve.
Patch demystifies health insurance and payment processes so that using benefits and paying for healthcare is a breeze. Patch’s revolutionary platform allows doctors to easily check what patients are eligible for, let them know what they owe, and transact instantly, all without having call insurance companies or submit paper claims. This unlocks a better care experience for patients and a faster and cheaper administrative process for providers.
We are based in Santa Monica, California with a global distributed team and are a fast moving, mission-driven startup dedicated to solving major problems with the healthcare system. Want to help us make a difference?
- Develop core features that interface with clients at hospitals, clearinghouses, insurers, and other entities that will have a direct impact on doctors and consumers. This may include:
- Building connectivity into insurance companies
- Normalizing and interpreting complex and dirty data
- Automation of human intelligence tasks
- Developing automation for complex operational processes (i.e. insurance paperwork)
- Building internal and external features around our APIs
- Building optimization algorithms to predict reimbursements
- Create high quality and well documented code and help shape best practices for the team going forward
- Be immersed in an exciting startup culture, interface with clients, and share our vision in creating a better health care system for everyone
- A technical degree (computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or engineering), or equivalent work experience as a software engineer
- 4+ years experience in backend or full stack development building APIs
- Prior knowledge of Python preferred, but not required
- Excited to share opinions on best practices
- Clear communication and ability to own complex projects end-to-end, coordinating with other teams as necessary
- Curious, collaborative, and have a bias to action
- Experience and interest in working with a distributed team
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills
- Write high quality code that is self explanatory, tested, and meets objectives as described in functional specifications.
- Collaborate with other backend, frontend, QA, and devops engineers and participate in code reviews.
- Help analyze performance throughout the stack to optimize the user experience.
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager