Ranker is growing! Located in the Mid-Wilshire district in Los Angeles, CA, we are the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsource rankings of everything. As part of our growth, we're currently looking for talented, experienced, and entrepreneurial-minded engineers looking to build high performance, highly-scalable web applications for our high traffic site.
As our Software Engineer, you will be working with our backend / fullstack team to help build and maintain our yield optimization platform, workflow tools around creating and managing facebook ads as well as internal tools that support our editorial and adops teams.
What we're looking for:
- At least 2+ years of commercial software engineering experience
- 2+ years PHP development (with some HTML & CSS)
- 1+ years working with Laravel
- 1+ years working with Vue
- Solid knowledge of design patterns
- Advanced level proficiency of the LAMP Stack (PHP/MySql/Apache/Linux)
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs specifically Facebook & DFP for reporting
- Experience developing complex internal tools for business processes
- Work experience working for an Internet startup, particularly in SEO-driven, ad-driven industries (ie online content, ad tech, social media, etc)
What's in it for you:
- Be part of fast-growing, mid-stage startup with incredible growth opportunities
- Very competitive compensation including very competitive salary, meaningful equity, and benefits
- Speaking of benefits, we offer fully-paid medical, plus heavily subsidized voluntary dental and vision plans.
- 10 Paid holidays, plus additional days of paid time off per year
- Very casual workplace (ie t-shirts and shorts are totally fine) with a fully stocked kitchen including free snacks, soda, Perrier, Mexican Coca Cola; we also do catered lunches and breakfast weekly, and free massages every other week.
- Located conveniently in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway
Ranker, a Quantcast Top 50 site in the US, attracts more than 20 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and is the leader in fan-powered rankings on just about everything. Whatever the topic - TV, movies, video games, sports, brands, food, lifestyle - Ranker puts the vote into the hands of millions rather than a few critics to answer the questions we are most passionate about. Over 1 billion votes now power Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data that delivers personalized consumer recommendations (“if you like X, you’ll also like Y, Z”), and also audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. Launched in 2020 and powered by Ranker Insights, Watchworthy is the only statistically relevant, crowd-sourced TV recommendation app available to consumers. Ranker made #187 on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 featuring the fastest growing companies in North America and Built In LA’s Top 50 Mid-Sized Companies To Work For in 2020. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Ranker also has offices in Chicago and NYC.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Read Full Job Description