Rival is on a mission to transform the $200B live events industry by empowering fans, teams and artists with a modern, authentic and trustworthy commerce experience. Live event ticketing is an industry that hasn’t been meaningfully disrupted in 30 years. It’s fragmented, reliant on legacy systems, susceptible to fraud and lacking in basic security. To build a universal platform, Rival is tackling unique set of problems and we're looking for fearless problems solvers to help us achieve our mission and inspire the fan in everyone.
We are looking for experienced Backend Engineers at all levels (Senior, Staff, Principal) who love what they do and want to be involved in every aspect of our development cycle. We are building an ambitious technology platform in a highly collaborative environment where engineers and product managers work closely together.
- 5+ years experience with backend languages and frameworks - we use Python, but it’s okay if you’ve only worked with Java, RoR, Node.js, etc.
- 5+ years experience with both Relational and Non-Relational Databases
- Experience with AWS or similar
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience building and operating high traffic APIs
- Bonus points if you have used technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Athena, Terraform, SQS, Dynamo, Redis
- Super bonus points if you have created or worked with sophisticated architectures including ETLs, Change Data Capture (CDC), Idempotent transactions, Multi-datasource transactions, Micro-services
We are a team of passionate and talented engineers, product managers, designers and operators who have come together to build something the right way from the ground up.
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that your friends and family care about
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative and team-first contributor
- Lead with an open heart and mind, and generate joy for others around you
Life @ Rival
Rival respects your whole life. Whether you’ve got kids or you’re a dog parent or you direct musicals (yes we do all that), we know there’s more to you than work. Here are some of the ways we support our squad:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dog-friendly office in sunny Playa Vista
- Fully subsidized lunch and dinner
- Friendly and focused work environment
Rival is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.