Back-End Software Engineer
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development.
Our Engineering team works on the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of big data systems, working with 50 terabytes of data and real-time map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time. Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying applications and reports using various technologies.
- Writing complex SQL queries.
- Need to be able to easily switch between technologies.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Working with product owners, QA engineers and fellow engineers.
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related field. Masters preferred.
- Strong foundation in computer science.
- Experience with OOP and related languages like Java or C#.
- Strong background in computer science: algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and distributed systems.
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Experience with databases like MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience writing complex SQL, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Experience building data pipelines.
- Experience with agile methodologies and exposure to any one of the project tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Mingle, AtTask, Asana or similar.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to learn newer technologies.
- Good sense of humor and a team player.
- Exposure to ORMs like Hibernate, Entity Framework, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, DynamoDB, Aerospike or similar technologies.
- Exposure or understanding of caching technologies like EHCache, Redis, Memcache etc.
- Exposure or understanding of queuing / pub-sub technologies like Amazon SNS, Google pub/sub, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of APM technologies like AppDynamics, New Relic, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of monitoring technologies like Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies like GCE, AWS or Azure.
- Exposure to container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Nice to haveSkills:
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Founded in 1999, Viant Technology LLC is a leading global people-based advertising technology company, enabling marketers to better plan, execute, and measure their digital media investments through our cloud-based platform. Built on a foundation of people instead of cookies, the Viant Advertising Cloud™ provides marketers with access to over 1 billion registered users globally, one of the largest registered user databases in the world, and infuses accuracy, transparency, reach and accountability into cross device advertising.
Viant owns and operates Adelphic and MySpace, and is a member of the Xumo joint venture.
In 2016, Viant became a subsidiary of Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME), one of the world’s leading media companies with over 100 influential brands including People, Sports Illustrated, Fortune and Time. In February 2018, Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) acquired Time Inc. and all its subsidiary companies including Viant, creating a cross channel ecosystem of nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women.
Read Full Job Description