WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Full cycle PCB design including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, supervision or completion of layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system.
- Development of air vehicle avionics systems (flight controls, sensors, payload interfaces, power management, and networking)
- Develop system interconnect diagrams and define wire harnesses that connect electronic equipment within the vehicle.
- Provide support and collaborate within other air vehicle subsystem development constraints
- Vendor surveys and evaluation to support sourcing for avionics system components.
- Conduct peer-level and cross-discipline design reviews
- Build up and test of avionics system components through lab, ground, and flight tests
- Low level firmware development for bring-up and test
- Root cause analysis in support of field operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 5+ years of experience designing, testing, and troubleshooting complex board designs and avionics modules in a UAS environment
- Understanding of DO-254, DO-178C, DO-160 and relevant avionics design standards for UAS
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Familiarity with standard interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc.
- Familiarity with common MCU, CPU, FPGA devices and technologies.
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Comfortable with a variety of electronic CAD tools (Altium preferred, Eagle and others acceptable)
- Experience in design for signal integrity / power integrity
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics module vendors and avionics component suppliers from past experience in UAS programs.