Associate Front-End Software Engineer
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for an Associate Front-End Software Engineer who seeks out challenges and is comfortable with the unknown. You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, creative environment. You’re an expert communicator who collaborates well with others, takes initiative to solve tough problems, is passionate about revolutionizing storytelling through virtual reality.
The impact you’ll make:
- Design and implement scalable solutions for the WITHIN web front-end.
- Design and implement new functionality and features for an improved user experience.
- Collaborate with the Web, Design, and Product Teams in requirements specification, feasibility analysis, detailed engineering analysis, development estimates and release planning.
- Creation and delivery of automated unit/integration tests for the code that is written.
- Follow browser vendors' WebVR spec and other APIs to ensure things work as intended for the WITHIN Platform.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical experience.
- Understanding of browser memory and garbage collection.
- Able to work closely with visual and UX designers to meet exacting requirements.
- Ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team.
- Experience with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, Python/Flask/Django).
- Be able to work in Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Bonus Points for:
- Ability to take ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Experience in Three.js, and familiarity with the use of WebGL.
- Passion for VR and knowledge of the VR ecosystem including WebVR.
- Experience working with a start-up.
- Written custom Video Players.