Antenna Design Engineer
As an Antenna Design Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with ME, EE and FW teams to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Design antennas for Ring devices to achieve effective RF/Antenna performance from concept to finish.
- Measure radiated performance TRP/TIS, and efficiency for various builds/prototypes.
- Engage in cross functional design to integrate the antenna design in the product.
- Support EMC and other regulatory testing related to wearable devices.
- Support factory related testing/issues at various production builds and execute OTA test plans to meet Wireless Carrier requirements.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience designing Antenna system solutions for Consumer Electronics.
- Experience using different wireless communication systems such as GSM/UMTS/CDMA/LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS. Experience with factory processes and manufacturing.
- Experience with Electromagnetic Simulation tools (CST, HFSS, XFDTD, etc.) and/or circuit simulation capability using ADS. Experience with board design, board bring-up and defense mitigation.
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, specializing in Antenna, Radio Frequency (RF) or Electromagnetics.
- Experiences of driving new technologies in the domain of RF, electromagnetics and wireless communication.
- Experience using common RF test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, protocol and signaling testers) and antenna chambers.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (FCC, IC, CE, etc.) and their respective certification process. Familiarity with cellular industry standards and specs (e.g. CTIA, PTCRB, WiFi alliance etc).
- Familiarity with schematic creation and PCB design tools and scripting and Automation tools for data collection and analysis.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Read Full Job Description