About the role
Albert's iOS app has been live in the app store for over two years and consistently ranks as one of the top app's in the finance section of the app store. Our Android app just launched in the play store and is growing quickly. Over the next year, Albert will be launching multiple new services and products, and we're looking for someone to join our growing mobile team and help build beautifully crafted products.
Things you're good at
* Shipping: Delivering great products that you're proud of on a regular basis.
* Product: An eye for design and UX and amazing attention to detail.
* Diving in: Taking ownership of product lines within the app.
* Collaboration: We bring the best out of each other. We're looking for people who will bring the best out of all of us.
Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Our geniuses find savings you’re missing, identify bills you’re overpaying, help you pay down debt faster, save automatically for you, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance but help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top tier institutional investors, and over 1 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
- Take ownership of entire product lines on the Android app app, working on a team of mobile developers
- Help us continue to build an app that can scale to millions of users
- Speed is a feature: build and deploy software that delights because it’s fast
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Participate and lead discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback. We work together.
- Write clean, well tested and modular code that requires minimal QA
- 3+ years of experience writing production Android software
- Kotlin experience (our app is built in Kotlin)
- 4 year bachelor degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong product sense with a keen eye for UX and design
- Bonus: familiarity with python
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch
- Your own hardware budget