We are looking for an Android development pro to produce life-changing financial services applications. The selected candidate will be motivated by engineering great products.
In this role, you’ll be helping develop our Android application as well as contributing to the core architecture of the system. Creating a global credit-scoring platform involves solving problems that are both conceptually and technically hard, so you’ll get a mix of experience including engineering and scaling for a high-volume mobile platform.
- Build Android app based on wireframes provided by UI/UX designer
- Ensure app functionality is in line with product specifications
- Ensure APIs are connected seamlessly from back-end to consumer-facing application
- Suggest ideas for how to improve user experience and flow
- Proactively develop hypotheses for product improvements, additional solutions that can be added
- Write code in line with Tala’s global standards
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- Shipped multiple Android Applications that are currently available in the Google Play Store
- Intense passion for implementing beautiful user interfaces on Android
- Mastery of the Android SDK
- Exceptional ability to debug and optimize complex Android applications on real devices
- Experience with ATSL including Espresso and UI Automator
- Experience integrating Analytics tools for Android
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in financial services
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, memory management, concurrency) with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to solve hard real world problems
- Expert in Java with strong OO design skills
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.