Director, Product Marketing
Inspire makes it simple for everyone to have a smart home. The company’s groundbreaking subscription is the first to seamlessly combine smart home control and clean energy for home. Powered by a proprietary analytics engine, the Inspire Smart Home app allows members to create and control a completely personal home experience. Inspire empowers people to live more purposefully and sustainably everyday, moving us all towards a brighter energy future.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in sunny Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
We’re searching for a Director of Product Marketing to play a key role in Inspire’s mission: inspire a connected movement of people toward a brighter energy future. In a company driven by consumer insights and in an industry moving at light speed, we’re searching for a leader who will obsess over delivering our ever-evolving clean energy customers in a dynamic smart home market.
- Lead the product marketing function at Inspire, including consumer research and customer engagement
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to develop, champion and socialize the product vision and differentiation strategy for our smart home as a service user experiences
- Serve as a subject matter expert on smart home competitive landscape and positioning
- Lead lifecycle management and customer engagement across the product portfolio.
- Manage product launch communications processes and timelines cross functionally
- Merchandise, name and position product offerings to customers based on key channel and cohorts.
- Manage customer feedback processes to shed light on customer needs and advance product roadmap recommendations
- Promote and integrate consumer lifestyle trends within product experience and positioning to achieve optimum market momentum
- In conjunction with the marketing team, develop Inspire’s strategic narrative, value propositions and unique selling points
- Work closely with product leadership to make user-insights driven business decisions
- Insight driven, analytical thinker: Track record of leveraging both internal user data and consumer insights work to help define the product experience. Lives and breathes the user experience by having immersed themselves in user trends, research and live interactions. Complements all decisions with supportive analytics.
- Strategic Visionary: Providing strategic and tactical leadership in crafting the users’ experiences by balancing the company’s vision, business priorities and product priorities.
- Proven Storyteller: Passionate about engaging and educating customers by delivering a compelling message through deep understanding of users’ met and unmet needs. Proven ability to develop and implement strong messaging that is aligned to the company’s mission and differentiated in the marketplace. Strong understanding of customer needs/wants, competitive positioning and integrates insights into messages that “delight” our customers.
- Determined Executor: Works effectively across functions to ensure the optimal outcome for the business. Has an entrepreneurial ownership mindset.
- The ideal candidate is a world-class product marketing professional.
- You should have 8+ years of product marketing experience in highly competitive, consumer-facing, technical companies.
- You want to work at a purpose-driven company, are passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world.
- You are a proven leader and your colleagues describe you as being incredibly smart, as well as creative in solving big problems.
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are a collaborative, hard working, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You consistently exhibit a balance of intensity and composure to motivate and instill confidence among the team and company.
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- 2 blocks from the beach in sunny Santa Monica