Director of Data & Analytics
Joybird is looking for a Director of Data & Analytics who’s motivated by simultaneously making an impact to the customer experience and bottom line. The Joybird data & analytics team enables tactical and strategic business decisions by providing our Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, and many other teams actionable insights to all performance data.
This position will collaborate with all areas of the company, from marketing to operations, to improve the business based on customer insights. This position requires strong business and technical acumen, as well as great problem solving, communication, and mentoring and management skills.
A successful candidate will have a passion for analytics, and the ability to own and conduct complete business analyses; including the end to end research, assessment, recommendation and implementation requirements for success. This role is responsible for evaluating new business opportunities big and small. This person will provide a holistic, objective and analytical viewpoint of the market and commercial opportunities through ongoing situation analysis and understanding of market dynamics, customer needs and competitive activities.
- Partner with the business and product teams to identify the most important data driven questions and define initiatives to provide answers.
- Define the long term road map (people, process and technology) of the Data & Analytics team to align with business goals.
- Develop and own analytics algorithms and models.
- Partner with IT product owners to integrate advanced models into systems to enhance Joybird’s capabilities.
- Identify opportunities for algorithmic solutions that can act as a business lever for managing profitability.
- Analyze site performance, identify areas to optimize and develop tests that can be rapidly executed followed by well-crafted recommendations.
- Own and continue to develop our various attribution models for online and offline spend.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on spend, portfolio mix and performance to drive marketing strategy.
- Partner with the Channel Managers to optimize within each channel.
- Understand and measure all stages of the customer acquisition funnel from awareness to transaction.
- Unearth actionable insights through both qualitative and quantitative research and provide optimization recommendations for future execution.
- Prioritization and project management of team activities while proactively identifying areas in which analytics efforts can produce a strong value add.
- Recruit, motivate, and develop world-class analytical talent.
- Entrepreneurial - You know how to navigate by flexing and adapting to new and changing situations.
- Translator - You have a strong ability to communicate (written and verbal) complex analyses and conclusions in clear, simple ways.
- 4+ years of success leading a Data Analytics team for a high growth, preferably B2C, company.
- 3+ years experience in an analytical role or as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- Strong working knowledge of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and methodologies for data science (advanced machine learning techniques a plus).
- Excellent SQL skills; Experience with Python, experience with centralized and decentralized BI tools such as Tableau.
- Experience with multi-touch attribution as well as digital and offline acquisition channels
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong leadership qualities
- Competitive salary
- A business that trusts and embraces tech
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- A startup with a proven business model that’s growing fast
- Generous health benefits (dental, medical, vision)
- 401k plan
- Ample Paid Time Off
- Fully stocked pantry with your choice of snacks and drinks
- Furniture discounts (for friends and family too)
Our Core values
- Customer-centric — You are passionate about delivering an end-to-end WOW experience for every customer.
- Transparent — You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate problem solving.
- Results-driven — You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals.
- Constantly evolving — You're never satisfied and are unafraid to be better a version of yourself.
Read Full Job Description