Director of Content
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
GOBankingRates, ConsumerTrack’s content platform., is a financial website that provides readers with fresh takes on personal finance, investing, and banking trends. Our studies and experts have been featured on top tier media - CBS News, TIME, LA Times, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, MSN, Associated Press, and many more!
This position will take ownership across the management and growth of our Content Research, SEO Content, Video, and Photo Teams. This role is cross-functional and will work closely with the Director of Sponsored and Branded Content, Product Managers, and the VP of Marketing. The Director of Content will drive strategies to encourage onsite traffic and engagement growth, create and implement video strategies and work with product on site enhancements and new features.
Main responsibilities for this role, include, but are not limited by:
- Lead strategy for our world-class editorial team, with a focus on developing our data visualization and SEO content.
- Work with Product team to create new content-centric products, starting with our data visualization and infographics.
- Own content calendar and forward planning for titles, topics, themes, etc. for onsite, SEO, Research and Video.
- Manage Sr Manager of SEO Content, Photo Manager, Video Manager and research team.
- Create a data-focused culture / Utilize data and insights to drive strategy, calendar and new opportunities.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Marketing on the growth and development of the video strategy.
- Implement and further develop/evolve process and workflow best practices.
- Explore and expand quality control efforts across both content and community.
- Contribute to the voice by defining quality standards and regularly providing feedback and training sessions for our freelancers, staff writers and editors.
- Set and enforce expectations for quality, as well as deadlines, staff writers and editors.
- Work with Product and Tech to expand our in-house content management systems and project management software
- 7+ years in a people and production management position, including experience interviewing and hiring people to grow teams
- A passion for people, project management and process development
- Ability to manage change effectively within a dynamic, agile environment
- Experience marrying creativity and data to lead teams to produce quality content
- Experience leading Content Research, SEO Content, Video, and Photo Teams
- Previous work history at a financial web portal, news website or other major online media outlet
- A critical sense of urgency and experience working in a goal driven, fast paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects from conception to execution
- Experience working within content management systems and project management software
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Contribution to Student Loan Debt after the first year of employment.
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary after the first year of employment.
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.