Visual Artist at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Visual Artist to join the Product Design Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Visual Artist to join our team and contribute to the evolving Honey product offering. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in shaping the direction and trajectory of a new product. You will be collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team (Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers...) in all phases of design but with a strong focus on visual execution.
- Process-oriented but agile: the ability to quickly translate requirements into designs that are both functional and beautiful
- Strong foundation in layout, typography, color theory and visual hierarchy
- Strong foundation in illustration
- Proficiency in Animation
- Basic understanding of UX and Product Thinking
- Ability to both provide and receive design criticism constructively, and appreciation for its importance within the design process
- A portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic and strong eye for detail
- Proficiency designing for all types of medium
- 3+ years experience shipping products used by millions of consumers
- Proficiency in current design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma)
- Lives and breathes design!
Bonus Points For:
- 3D rendering skills by using C4D+Octane or related software
- Art Direction, Photography & Branding Design
- Type Design in Glyphs or related software
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.