UX/UI Designer (Remote Non-US Only)
Greater LA Area
Location: Remote (Non-US Only)
Reporting to: Product Manager
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company, and went through the startup accelerator in summer 2016. We create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
For us, design is not a luxury -- it’s a necessity. Our mission to create the world’s best online courses is not just about course content and production quality. In order to truly set our students up for success, we believe we need to utilize design as a learning instrument to help our students learn. That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a designer with a strong background in solving design and experience problems. As a UX/Product Designer, you will work directly with our product team and collaborate in our entire product design lifecycle; from ideation and wireframing, to high fidelity and implementation. You’ll be working on improving our core product, and coming up with elegant solutions to build the best online learning platform in the world.
- Improve our students’ learning experience by creating seamless, simple and intuitive experiences on our core platform
- Collaborate with Product to brainstorm product ideas and user flow improvements
- Create UX deliverables, including wireframes, prototypes and hi-fidelity designs
- Prototype interactive experiences that can be presented to and tested by users to validate designs
- Work with engineering and QA during planning, implementation and testing to ensure design quality
- 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX or Product Designer creating products that demonstrate your ability to solve complex problems and craft meaningful experiences
- Proficient with programs equivalent to: Adobe PS, Adobe XD, Sketch, Illustrator, Figma, etc
- Experience working with UX/UI, user research, wireframes, and product development
- Experience working from ideation to development to implement your designs
- Excellent communication and work product
Additionally, you might be a good fit if…
- You have experience designing learning management systems (LMS) or video/media platforms
- You are the most detail-oriented person you know
- You dream about how you would redesign your favorite apps
Team & Compensation:
We are a fun team, and a top rated employer. Check out jumpcut.com/about and https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Jumpcut-EI_IE900475.11,18.htm to get more information, what it's like to work here, and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $10.00-$20.00 USD per hour
Read Full Job Description