Summary of duties
- As part of our Product organization, you will be focused on helping us better understand our 3+ million users' needs, motivations, and pain points to ensure we develop the optimal product experience.
- Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and a holistic approach to the research function. You'll work & partner closely with Product Management, Product Design, and Engineering to help improve our members' relationship with their finances.
- Develop and distill Dave's research standards across a variety of methodologies, and know when and how to apply them in various product phases. (Ethnographic research, focus groups, field studies, usability benchmarking, user interviews & surveying, card sorting, user persona creation, user journey mapping, etc.)
- Advocate, through the research function, our members’ needs to product leads, designers, and other stakeholders in order to create the best customer experience possible with optimal customer value.
- Frequently communicate research findings to our key stakeholders while rigorously prioritizing the work we should do next.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers, marketing managers, and data scientists to ensure research is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view our our users.
- Ask thoughtful questions, help define and solve user and business problems, conduct contextual research, synthesize insights, evaluate designs-in-progress, and continuously measure the product’s user experience.
- Define, track and report user experience KPIs.
- This position will report directly to our Chief Design Officer.
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer-facing software environment or equivalent experience.
- Degree in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field.
- Experience conducting user-centered research methods from the ground up, presenting findings and recommendations to stakeholders, and demonstrating impact.
- Strong understanding of different research methods and adapting to meet product needs in a fast paced work environment.
- Comfortable diving into large amounts of quantitative & qualitative data and derive strategic insight from it.
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics tools like Amplitude or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently on multiple projects at once.
- Passion for driving user empathy across the organization.
- Ask thoughtful questions both to our team members and our customers to gain a strong understanding of Dave and our customer experience.
- Work with the Product team and company stakeholders to understand what research we have done to date and identify growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with the UX Research and Design team in pushing forward UXR initiatives, processes, and systemizing cross-team learning.
- Conduct user research with existing Dave users and deliver actionable strategic insights to better inform Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering efforts.
- Help standardize UX research processes across teams and create different levels of a research advocate system to make research more accessible and digestible to various stakeholders.
- Infuse user research with product strategy and relentlessly advocate for user needs in all phases of the product development cycle.