Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide. We are actively seeking a UX Researcher to join our team.
This role reports directly to the Sr. Director of Product Design and will partner closely with the product, engineering, and partner teams. Factual is a fast-growing, global organization with approximately 180 employees worldwide.
About the Role
At Factual, our users are core to our product design process, and as a UX Researcher your role will be to create understanding, empathy, insight, and visibility into the needs and desires of our users and champion their voice in the process. You will help create an understanding around user needs (both stated and inferred) across the whole of the Design, Product, Sales, and Engineering organizations. You will conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and enjoyable new products and features as well as continue innovating on our existing products. You’ll share your findings, insights, and assertions via compelling presentations across a number of media - from written presentations to video.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users consume location and consumer insights data
- Collect and analyze user behavior through existing product log data, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys
- Manage and maintain our library of personas and user types making sure we keep up with the needs of our target markets, partners, and customers
- Work with Sales and our Partnership teams to build and manage a consistent, recurring list of users (both internal and external) that we can regularly engage with for interaction testing and feedback
- Work with Product Design, Engineering, and Partner Managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Devise appropriate testing and research strategies and methodologies tailored to our various personas and customer/market segments
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations
- Lay down the foundations of a much larger and robust user research practice. Factual is hoping to strengthen it’s research “muscle” in the future and your contributions - from practice to process will be instrumental to shaping how our teams work into the future
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience conducting interviews, contextual field visits, and live or remote usability studies
- Experience with integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field
- Experience in survey design with knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Experience with internet advertising, brand strategy, or consumer targeting with a demonstrated interest in mobile, apps and development environments
- Knowledge of various research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase