UX Lead, Core at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:12 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Tinder empowers users around the world to create new connections that otherwise might never have been possible. We build products that bring people together. We are dedicated to delivering innovative products through early and continuous delivery of high quality software consumed by millions. We're a tight-knit design team, with a focus on personal responsibility and rapid development, and looking for a UX Lead.
As a UX Lead on Tinder’s Core pillar, you will be focused on coaching designers on standard methodologies, and building a framework to prioritize and resolve usability issues articulated by our User Research, Consumer Insights, and Strategy teams.
What You'll Do:
- Mentor Product Designers in one-to-one meetings, and provide articles and insights to educate them on best practices.
- Build and own a usability issue tracking tool based on the output of our research teams.
- Propose design solutions by applying the findings of our research teams in wireframes.
- Work with Product Managers to prioritize and address usability issues, and with Product Designers to implement changes.
- Further develop higher-level baseline tools such as Personas, Journey & Experience Maps, Task Models, and UX Metrics.
- Communicate works-in-progress via project management tools such as JIRA and Monday.com.
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years professional experience, with 7+ in UX design.
- Experience mentoring other designers.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, mobile web, etc.), and a clear sense of the nuances between them.
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing, and compiling findings in a meaningful format.A strong portfolio of UX Design, showing an excellent sense of mobile layout, and interaction design.
- First-hand experience with several current design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Principle, etc.), and an eagerness to learn new ones.
- Self starter approach with passion to work in a fast paced, low ego environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience designing social media or dating apps.
- Experience with quantitative data and/or surveys, and refining work based on findings.
- Basic front end development skills: enough to conceptualize (and empathize with) the challenges faced by mobile engineers.
- A future-forward perspective, informed by a fascination with technology and culture.
- Prototyping expertise, with tools such as Framer, Principle, Flinto, etc.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.