UX Designer at Fair
Fair is a new way to shop, sign and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want without a loan, long-term commitment, or even physical paperwork. Imagine never having to borrow money for a car again.
At Fair, our name says it all. It’s the way we treat our customers, our partners and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work—and that it should be rewarded. That’s why we offer equity incentives, education reimbursement, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cell phone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans, and free lunch five days a week for every employee. The way we see it, it’s better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Fair is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
You have a history of shipping design solutions to production. You will spearhead creating user-centric designs for the Fair mobile app consumer experience. You take the lead in researching, prototyping, and testing solutions for difficult problems. You’re passionate about the importance of human-centered design and use direct and indirect user research to redefine problems and drive design and development decisions.What You’ll Do:
- Be passionate about resolving research based user pain points, always putting the user’s needs first.
- Determine project user research strategy with the guidance of the UX lead, selecting the best method given needs and timeline.
- Interview users and stakeholders to discover root causes and constraints.
- Create and communicate structure and order through artifacts like task flows, user flows, customer journeys, and sketches.
- Create simple or complex mobile prototypes to test and validate design ideas.
- Plan, prototype, and carry out moderated and unmoderated remote testing sessions to gather user feedback quickly.
- Report findings and recommendations based on usability and interaction design best practices.
- Ensure Accessibility best practices are included in design and development.
- 3+ years or equivalent success in product experience design.
- Demonstrable success in product experience design — you have examples of your work being shipped to production.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Axure, InVision, and similar professional UX design software tools.
- Examples of complex prototypes you’ve created in the past.
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating successful design solutions.
- Fluency in usability and interaction design best practices.
- Experience working in a Lean UX & Agile development environment.
- Experience with collaborative workshops like Sprints.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with a positive attitude in a Start-Up environment with complex operational processes.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental & vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Equity incentives (it’s only Fair that we are all owners of the company)
- Unlimited vacation package
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Green commuter benefits (1 block from Light rail)
- Paid parking
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse & inclusive culture
- Leadership & mentorship programs
- Discount on Fair cars