UX Designer II
Discover it Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
We’re looking for a seasoned UX Designer with extensive mobile experience to pursue forward-thinking design and create elegant, simple, solutions for complex interactions. You are passionate for building top-notch experiences and have impeccable problem-solving skills, attention-to-detail and communication skills . You will pursue forward-thinking designs to create intuitive solutions and have an eagerness to solve problems using your unique combination of proven talent and digital knowledge. Your experience demonstrates the successful delivery of practical, yet innovative features that drive quantifiable results for a better customer experience.
We’re looking for someone who will play a pivotal role in defining NORDSTROM RACK | HAUTELOOK digital shopping experience that is fresh, increases engagement and ultimately boosts conversion. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming, UX research to launch. The goal: inspire and delight our customers with an improved mobile-focused shopping experience.
A day in the life…
- Design and execute cross-platform projects (desktop, mobile web, iOS & Android) in partnership with product managers, in-store employees, analysts and engineers
- Be the Nordstrom Rack and HauteLook customer champion
- Plan, conduct and create reports for UX research
- Develop detailed deliverables to effectively communicate UX designs and product requirements
- Prototype design concepts at varying levels of fidelity, from paper to interactive digital interfaces using industry standard prototyping tools
- Validate design concepts with end users through UX research before moving to full implementation
- Advocate for UX methodologies and best practices
You own this if you have…
- 2+ years of experience designing and executing both generative + evaluative research -ability to leverage disparate information sources (qual + quant) to define and advise path forward
- Strong conceptual thinker with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Displays an introspective, responsible approach to self-growth
- A proactive and collaborative approach with the ability to contribute to a multi-discipline team
- Clear and effective written/verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices, design process and methodology, particularly in omnichannel practices
- Experience with e-commerce and interest in fashion is a plus
- Adaptability & capacity to learn quickly
- 4+ years of experience in UI design - mastery of design and prototyping tools
- Capability of big-picture-thinking and demonstrates attention to detail
- Ability to defend, and communicate rationale for design decisions