The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You create wireframes, user flows, and mock ups to effectively communicate interaction and designs.
- You interact directly with users and conduct interviews to deeply understand user problems and inform your design solutions and strive to know the clients we are designing for
- You collaborate with other designers and providing feedback and guidance on their designs as well, remotely and in person
- You team up with product managers to proactively identify areas of the product that need improvement
- You work with both business and engineering teams to ensure that the end results match you initial design concepts
- You help the team create and implement a strong UX/UI vision for the Trade Desk platform. This vision should be actionable, backed by research, and compelling enough to make the product roadmap
- You have a solid understanding of usability and interaction design
- You can translate problems and new concepts into intuitive and clean UIs. Our system is complex, but it shouldn’t feel that way to our users
- You can quickly and thoroughly create wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes. While you need to be speedy, you are a deliberate designer. Every pixel has a purpose, and every interaction is thoughtful
- You understand how design impacts development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately
- As a lifelong learner, you keep up with technology and design trends, striving for our platform to be modern and innovative
- You are a passionate advocate for the user, but know when to look beyond their requests to discover the true problem
- You can see beyond incremental features and you look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- You thrive in agile environment with short feedback loops for iterations
- You enjoy conducting usability studies and feedback sessions to validate your designs and iterate on them based on quantitate and qualitative data.
- You want to build a product on a team of the world's best software designers, product managers, and engineers
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can communicate your ideas to our engineers
- You use research and best practices to construct and defend your ideas. You embrace feedback and thrive in an iterative environment
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make products both visually appealing and easy to use
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- A professional portfolio demonstrating a background in interaction and visual design
- Knowledgeable in the latest design toolsets (Figma, Invision, Sketch, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in design or design related field
- Experience designing for enterprise software a plus
- Agile development experience is a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.