Tala is a financial technology company on a mission to enable and accelerate financial health for all. We use world-class technology to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the globally underestimated. More than 5 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets.
As the UX Designer on our CARE squad, you will be responsible for the end-to-end design process for Tala’s suite of internal web-based applications. These enterprise tools are used daily by hundreds of Tala employees and partners worldwide for business-critical operations.
- Serves the larger mission of the CARE squad to know our customers and solve customer problems.
- Owns the end-to-end design process including ideating, prototyping, and usability testing
- Seeks to understand goals and outcomes for CARE users to translate user workflows into highly usable, performant solutions
- Consistently and efficiently creates high-quality solutions that adhere to Tala’s design standards
- Regularly solicits feedback from Product, Design, and Engineering to inform solutions
- Proactively makes improvements and additions to the CARE Design System as needed
- 5+ years industry experience as a UI/UX product designer with 2+ years designing specifically for web-based enterprise applications
- Expert knowledge of Sketch
- Portfolio of work including multiple examples of web-based SAAS applications (accounting systems, loan servicing systems, collections systems, CRM tools)
- Experience with prototyping and usability testing
- Experience working within a highly-componentized, web-based Design System
- Fundamental understanding of front-end web technology, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working on cross-functional teams within Agile development cycles
- Ability to self-manage to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- Preferred: Experience working with a global, distributed team
- Preferred: Experience designing for users of varying technical literacy
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.