User Experience Lead
The User Experience team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for the quality of the member experience across all of AAA’s digital products. We are in the middle of building out the UX competency across the organization and we’re looking for new team members to help us build something meaningful. The team has three primary goals this year:
- Partner with the product team, acting as the owner of the product’s UX roadmap.
- Help cross-functional teams across the organization to gain a shared understanding of problems and solutions for key initiatives.
- Create a design system to have a baseline for consistent experiences across all digital products.
The User Experience Lead provides actionable insights to grow and optimize digital products for Auto Club Enterprises. This role understands the types of data that can give insight into the WHAT and the type of data that can help understand the WHY. The User Experience Lead is responsible for researching, collecting, and analyzing data to understand the answers to challenging product design questions. The User Experience Lead will then use insights from the research to create a testable hypothesis, create experiments, and learn from the results. This role is continuously seeking to further understand our members’ needs and desired outcomes.
Who are you?
- You are curious. Your curiosity leads you to ask really good questions - and your analytical skills help you seek out the answers.
- You are humble. You are someone who readily admits what you don't know - you're always looking to get better (and you're really good at getting better).
- You are guided by data... but you know data is a starting point, and you continue to analyze and learn.
What will you do?
- Build and own the UX roadmap for your product.
- Facilitate design thinking workshops.
- Investigate potential problem areas on digital channels (website and mobile apps) or any other member touch point by researching, collecting, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Use insights from research to create hypotheses for experiments.
- Provide recommendations for product enhancements to ensure product relevancy and support revenue growth.
- Perform user research – including but not limited to heuristic analyses, usability studies, ethnographic studies, contextual inquiries, concept testing, etc.
- Interview customers to identify unmet needs and desired outcomes to inform innovation opportunities.
- Work with other team members to design experiments and analyze results.
- Consult and coach other employees in the organization.
Experience / Skills
- Four year college degree (Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, Anthropology, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- 5 to 8 years of related experience in user experience research.
- Evidence of performing the following in at least two different medium to large organization on multiple products:
- Alignment with stakeholders on a UX roadmap.
- Facilitation of design workshops to scope an initiative, identify an opportunity, or generate potential solutions.
- User research methods including but not limited to heuristic analysis, usability studies, ethnographic studies, contextual inquiry, and concept testing.
- Information architecture on an internal or external-facing website.
- Understanding of conversion optimization, funnel analysis, A/B testing.
- Understanding how mobile app technology works, the technical interface, and constraints.
- Experience with web analytics is a bonus.
- Experience with copywriting is a bonus.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.