User Experience Lead (Conversational UI)
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
We’re currently in the early stages of developing our Innovations team responsible for the ideation and creation of AI related solutions across AAA’s products and services. We are looking for ambitious, empathic and collaborative technology enthusiasts to assist in our Chatbot initiatives to build meaningful and valuable Virtual Assistants for our members. Future initiatives will expand across various cognitive technology solutions for the organization’s products and services.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with team members to identify product opportunities.
- Conduct qualitative design research using ethnographic and participatory methods.
- Conduct comparative and evaluative research to inform design and development.
- Analyze metrics data to inform design solutions.
- Lead working sessions with cross-functional teams.
- Create design concepts and prototypes, and design testing plans for validation.
- Communicate and present research, insights, and concepts to stakeholders.
- Promote UX design efforts, mindset, and methods through presentation and communication.
- Design and facilitate workshops to scope an initiative, identify an opportunity, or generate potential solutions.
- Create and iterate on tools and resources that promote user-centered design practice and mindset.
- Defining vision and strategy for products in exciting areas of design (e.g. conversational design, messengers, machine learning).
- Partner with team members in user experience to promote best practices for the user experience program.
- Tell meaningful stories about the user.
- Mentor other members of the UX team.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent education and professional experience.
- Hands on expertise designing and implementing AI conversational experiences via chatbots or virtual assistants at enterprise scale preferred
- Depth of experience in either Interaction Design, UX Design, Service Design, UX Research, CX and UX Strategy.
- 10+ years of experience delivering successful work for entire product areas for web and/or software applications.
- 8+ years of experience in requirements discovery, solution concepting, cross-functional collaboration, prioritization, influencing decision-making, and user advocacy in an enterprise environment.
- Leading through implementation and measurement.
- At least 5 years of experience in working in a broad portfolio of related products.
- A portfolio (or samples) of work experience collaborating with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to convey defined experiences, examples of process, and projects.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing.
- Excellent facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience creating new methods and practices.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin.
- Solid project management, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Who are you?
- You are creative, always questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative.
- You are humble. You are someone who readily admits what you don’t know – you’re always looking to get better (and you’re really good at getting better).
- You are guided by data… but you know data is a starting point, and you continue to analyze and learn.
- You have a relentless desire for innovation and you understand it is a balance between business and user value.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.