UI / UX Designer, Growth (LA) at Route
Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. E-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names can add Route to their website empowering one-click solutions for their customers for shipping insurance, visual package tracking, and one-click claim handling. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
About the Role
As the UI / UX Designer for the Growth team, you will be involved in every aspect of the existing consumer experience, rapidly designing and prototyping new features and ideas to drive exponential growth. You’ll work closely with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver high quality and thoughtful experiences to our customers. You will use your growth mindset and your full range of skills to contribute in all aspects of design and execution, including pitching your ideas, designing new features (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping).Responsibilities
- Integrate your design process from end-to-end. From research and brainstorming to creating user flows, prototypes, final designs, and shipped code.
- Understand our users and help build the vision for how to improve their experience across all devices, while balancing technology, brand, and business goals.
- Apply business objectives into concepts creating flows, wireframes, and mockups of intuitive user experiences
- Maintain and contribute to our design system to ensure an efficient design and development process and one coherent experience.
- Be a champion for quality and the guardian of the details. Help your team understand and appreciate the impact of good design and what it takes to make it happen.
- Design, implement and analyze A/B tests to optimize the user experience and drive key performance metrics
- Translate mockups into reusable components within a Figma design system
- Demonstrate proficiency communicating throughout the design process from formulating high-level strategy to executing pixel-perfect mockups
- Growth mindset. You have the ability to approach product and UX with growth as the key objective.
- You have a test-first mentality, constantly ensuring that your designs, messaging, and touch-points are refined and unique.
- A versatile player. You add value at ground zero and 30,000 feet. You are as comfortable executing a strategic vision through testing and surfacing key opportunities.
- Communicator. You understand the power of storytelling, and can sift through the narratives and elements to uncover the story within.
- Gritty. You understand that your experience is valuable and can blend intuition with data to guide key decisions.
- A portfolio showcasing your mobile or interactive design skills and completed work
- 2+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Proven Experience in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design or prototyping tools
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and UX principles
- Ability to receive constructive criticism to ultimately improve the end result
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of tasks and deliverables