GreenPark is looking for a multi-faceted Technical Artist that will be responsible for rigging, supporting the animators and artists, and building tools to optimize and increase our production pipeline . As part of the Technical Art team, the Technical Artist works closely with the Art Director, team leads, artists, and engineers. They must be proactive and uncover new ways to improve workflow and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Update and maintain rig to support design and animation needs
- Research, define, and implement tools to refine and improve artists workflows
- Help drive and support new game features
- Identify and solve problems; build quality technical implementations
- Mentor other artists in areas of expertise and instill best practices
- Support mocap ingestion
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Artist in games or related industries
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya with a solid knowledge of rigging systems
- MEL and/or Python programming
- Experience in Unity 3D Engine
- Experience translating artistic requirements to sustainable workflow design
- Experience developing on a mobile platform or equivalent is a plus
Note: Please provide a reel and examples demonstrating control systems in Maya and a real-time game engine.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. Hey, that’s game, set and match! We offer exciting times ahead, lots of spectacular twists and turns, hard work and the sweet success of achieving something most people wouldn’t think possible - if they could imagine it at all. Ask questions, think thoughts and if it seems like a match, let’s chat.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.