At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Senior Visual Designer with a strong background in infographics, illustration, photo editing and content design. You will work directly with the Lead UX designer and our editorial team to create new content experiences that help people understand healthcare issues and information.
As the Senior Visual Designer you will be responsible for the creation and coordination of all visual assets. In addition you will develop a scalable system and content templates that result in stunning engaging articles and infographics and article supporting visuals that help readers better understand the topics within the articles. You will coordinate outside agencies and ensure timely delivery of graphical assets across hundreds of pieces of content monthly. You’ll be part of a creative and dynamic team, including medical editors, UX researchers, Editorial researchers, product managers, data analysts, and content strategists, to create powerful experiences that will further the editorial reach of GoodRx and help millions of people understand complicated medical news and information.
- Work with the editorial and research teams to determine the appropriate visual assets to enhance consumer health and healthcare content.
- Work closely with designers, editors, engineers to set the strategy and own creation of graphical assets embedded within articles and content.
- Set visual design priorities and ensure timely quality delivery of all design deliverables
- Coordinate with UX Researchers to use insights to make user-centric design decisions
- Take content concepts and develop ideas and designs that easily explain and visually express through charts, tables, infographics, or interactive elements the key ideas.
- Own features and experiences from initial concept to released product
- Develop new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and convey these designs in content templates, prototypes, and design specifications
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., user interaction, graphic, visual communications, product)
- 5+ years of experience in editorial and production of graphic and or visual designs
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products for editorial or consumer-oriented website
- Experience with data visualization and Illustration. Photo editing a plus.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, 3D software)
- Ability to own design from whiteboard sketches to final concepts
- Strong team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and across multiple teams
- Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and design-thinking methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of visual design specifications and asset delivery for web, mobile and other platforms
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.