Sr. Product Designer, UX
Inspire’s Design Studio is looking for a collaborative Sr. Product Designer to create world-class user experiences that people genuinely want to use. Specifically, you’ll contribute directly to defining & building our internal sales tablet app from the ground up. With a primary focus on UX, you’ll be part of a small team rapidly designing and prototyping new features and ideas.
Working closely with our Product, Design, Sales and Engineering teams, you’ll be expected to contribute to all aspects of the UI/UX design process, and collaborate with the Design Studio as a whole on additional initiatives including digital communications, website and consumer app.
Part of this role will include travel to the east coast (at least once a quarter) to more closely work with our Sales and Engineering teams. The cadence of travel will be dictated by the design process and product roadmap.
THE SR. PRODUCT DESIGNER, UX HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- UX Expertise — Deliver refined UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals. Create deliverables such as storyboards, flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed designs. Participate in user research, competitive evaluation, and usability testing to create a delightful, frictionless and tailored end-to-end experience. Facilitate workshops and activities to promote and drive design thinking across the business.
- Design Advocate — Effectively guide and mentor other designers, contributing to higher quality design solutions and product design best practices. Keep an eye on trends and developments in the industry and identify capabilities that should be adopted.
- Strategic Thinking — Think strategically from a customer's perspective looking across products, services, features and flows to develop a holistic experience and proactively recommend solutions based on product and business goals.
- Collaborative — Work with and assist other designers, product managers, and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch.
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Sales App — Collaborate with Sales, Product Marketing, Product and Engineering to define & build our internal sales tablet app from the ground up.
- Visual Design — Digital, web & mobile app design contributions & iterations. In partnership with other designers, you’ll tag team various projects.
- UX Methodologies — Define and implement improved UX work stream & processes, including research and testing methodologies. Apply design thinking strategies to help cross-functional teams collaborate and co-create amazing product experiences.
- Design System — Contribute to the creation and evolution of our design system for improved workflows between Design and Engineering, and help our teams move fast while ensuring the consistency of end-to-end experiences for our customers.
- Designing and testing 3 prototypes that lead to Sales App MVP
- Engaging app experience with 70+ SUS
- Strive for 100% adoption of Design Thinking on all projects
- Strategic — You have strong strategic thinking and communication skills focused on business needs
- Problem Solver — You have a proven ability to solve problems and design strong solutions at a systems level
- Leadership — You demonstrate teamwork skills and resourcefulness, including strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Learner’s Mindset — You’re energized by learning from others, asking questions to understand & gain perspective, and building new skills over time
- Creative — Design isn’t just a 9-5 job for you, it’s how you view the world; thinking about imaginative or experimental ideas that solve problems
- Authentic —You’re mission driven and connect easily with others through honesty, compassion, and vulnerability
- Self-motivated — You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team to effectively drive value and impact
- Flexible — You're comfortable working towards solutions, even with limited information
- Empathetic — You're passionate about quality, usability, accessibility and simplicity. You’re an advocate for the user.
- Must Have
- 7+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Complete UX skill set: workshopping, identifying customer problem statements, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wire-framing, testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development
- Experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to prototype interactive mobile experiences
- Strong visual design skills, adept in tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe CC
- Nice to Have
- Experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve customer needs and business outcomes
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Worked with shipping hybrid app systems and understands crossover of Android and iOS best practices
- Ping Pong skills
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!