Senior Visual Designer, Marketing
At Tala, we’re driven by building products that accelerate financial inclusion for underbanked or underserved consumers globally. Our customers are savvy and want more than just basic access; they want beautiful, easy-to-use products that put them in control of their financial lives. Our Marketing team is passionate about delivering a unique and innovative financial experience across all phases of the customer journey, in all the markets where Tala operates. The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the same.
In this role, you will be the main funnel and designer for marketing creative. You’ll spend the majority of your time creating and providing feedback on materials for brand marketing campaigns, digital acquisition creative, as well as other online and offline marketing collateral. You should exhibit a thoughtful approach to producing quality design and help establish a high visual design standard that is relevant and resonant in a variety of markets and contexts.
The ideal candidate has the ability to work in quick production cycles and an interest in how creative affects performance and growth metrics. You have a stellar mix of visual acumen, creative thinking, writing, project management, a genuine curiosity in data and are passionate about making high-quality brand and growth creative. You understand the importance of helping build a global brand with creative that resonates in different countries across the world.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to produce visual design creative (including animated videos and illustrations) for digital marketing campaigns across all channels including ads, email, social media, out-of-home and more
- Work closely with the Product Design team and Marketing team to develop and evolve the Tala visual brand
- Develop and maintain a brand toolkit consisting of visual guidelines, templates, and digital assets to be shared with internal and external partners
- Manage agency/vendor asset production
- Collaborate with regional marketers to localize campaigns across our key markets including in East Africa, the Philippines and Mexico
- Leverage data & learnings to inform the creative process and final designs
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, respectfully give and receive feedback
- Ability to self-manage to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- 5+ years of experience working in graphic design, animation or illustration
- Skills in two or more disciplines: graphic design, 2D animation or illustration
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work (include link on your resume)
- Experience working with consumer brands either in-house or via agency
- Some experience using and managing a lightweight design system
- Strong command of design principles, typography, color theory, and conceptual thinking
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator (or Sketch). Experience with InDesign and After Effects a plus
- Collaborative and fun! You love working across multiple teams with passionate, fun people who believe in the Tala mission.