Senior UX/UI Designer
Greater LA Area
Appetize is a fast growing technology platform that is replacing legacy point of sale and payment systems at entertainment, leisure and education enterprise businesses around the world. The company’s top notch client roster includes venues like Disney Parks, San Diego Zoo, the PGA Tour, LAFC, Live Nation, AEG, and Madison Square Garden.
We’re looking for a Mid-Level UX/UI designer who is ready to help transform complex tasks into intuitive products. As a part of Appetize team, you’ll help conceptualize and design experiences for touch devices and desktop applications. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide. We’re looking for curious and empathic individuals who think deeply about design at a strategic level and are passionate about their craft. You should be able to function independently and in a team environment.
- Translate user insights through sketches and low + high-fidelity mockups, into intuitive and elegant products/services.
- Balance user and business needs to define problems, opportunities, and scalable solutions
- Create deliverables such as mental models, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and visual designs
- Conduct user-research, requirements analysis, usability testing, concept validation using user-centered approach
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams that includes engineers, product managers and QA
- Communicate design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes.
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in design
We’d like to see:
- MUST HAVE 4+ years of solid experience in UX Design or Interaction Design - Mobile / Touch devices in a corporate environment
- Hands-on experience in sketching solutions, wireframing and user research
- An abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems
- A real passion for human-centered design, a superb aesthetic sense, an extraordinary eye for detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing UX/UI design work for desktop and touch devices.
- Ability to prototype in Invision, Principle, HTML, AfterEffects or other tools
- Experience in creating and managing design system is a plus
- Familiarity with iOS UI Guidelines and Google Material Design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills
- Highly skilled in design software such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe Suite, and your preferred prototyping software
Online portfolio: We would love to see some of your work with examples of wireframes/UI/flows that can help us understand the ‘what, why and how’ about the project.
Note: Only applicants with online portfolios will be considered.
Read Full Job Description