Senior UX UI Designer
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is a mission-driven company that makes life easier for busy families by getting kids where they need to go safely and dependably. We match families with highly-vetted CareDrivers, who have a minimum of 5 years of childcare experience and must pass a mom-approved, rigorous 15-point certification process, which includes extensive background checks, fingerprinting, DMV checks, driver training, and meeting every single driver in person.
We were founded by 3 working moms who have 8 kids among them and who developed HopSkipDrive as a solution to their own problems getting kids where they needed to go. We are a VC-backed company with investment and involvement from nearly every major LA investor including Upfront Ventures, Greycroft and Pritzker, with more than $20M in funding.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s hottest startups and an all-around awesome place to work.
Who you are
We want A+ players who are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. We are defining a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. This is not a lifestyle job. This will be the hardest, most demanding, most exhilarating job you will ever have. It will also be the most rewarding.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As the Senior UX UI Designer you will be responsible for the UX UI design of all digital products as well as all marketing collateral and campaigns. You will own the usability testing process from end to end, including surveys, focus groups and A/B testing. The position will bridge the gap between product and marketing and is responsible for keeping the brand cohesive everywhere a customer interacts with HopSkipDrive. You’ll partner with multiple internal teams, including product management, engineering, sales, marketing and driver ops.
You will have the necessary creative, collaborative and analytical skills to bring together diverse ideas from across the organization and turn them into engaging, delightful and highly usable experiences for the HopSkipDrive Community. This position will be reporting to the Director of Product Management.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Create user flows, wireframes, and pixel-level mockups to define simple and intuitive experiences for users.
- Collaborate with product and engineers to refine product interfaces from concept through final implementation.
- Create and maintain User Experience documents, including but not limited to Customer Journeys, personas and User flows.
- Constantly re-evaluate and iterate on product interfaces based on user feedback, user testing and analytics.
- Work to improve conversion at each step of the Customer journey through usability improvements and testing.
- Partner with sales, marketing and driver ops to develop collateral and new campaigns.
- Integrate and adhere to the Brand Identity Guidelines.
- Work with marketing leaders to continuously evolve and improve our visual identity.
- 5+ years of digital / mobile UX experience, ideally at a start-up or smaller organization
- Experience with usertesting frameworks, such as usertesting.com.
- Expert level in Design software, such as Sketch and Invision.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little supervision
- Basic HTML and CSS understanding are a plus
- An understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Honesty, integrity and a solid work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree and / or Fine Arts degree
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.