Senior UX Researcher at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your research skills to develop a solution that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Sr. UX Researcher to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
As an experienced Senior UX Researcher, you'll shape our products by leveraging your understanding of our users' needs, transforming research and data into defined actionable insights. Your research deliverables will directly impact strategic business decisions that are closely aligned to organizational objectives. As a successful UXR, you have an affinity for qualitative and quantitative user research methods and frameworks. You’re collaborative, open, agile, and thrive in an environment where change is the only constant.
This position will report to our Manager, UX Research and has the opportunity to be located in either our headquarters in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean or in our Austin, TX office. We are looking for a candidate to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive research that impacts early-stage innovation, product and market strategy, and design
- Conduct ethnographic or remote research studies across phases of development
- Partner with mixed methods researchers and cross-functional stakeholders to collect and triangulate insights
- Scale user research literacy and practice throughout the organization, including evangelizing research as a discipline and coaching stakeholders through lightweight research design
- Provide mentorship to junior researchers and research stakeholders
- Leverage a rare opportunity to shape a visionary organization’s evolving research culture
- Lead Research Ops initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience conducting end-to-end user research studies
- Preference for advanced degree (social science, HCI, psych, etc.) and related teaching or mentorship experience a plus
- Experience in applied research with measurable business impacts in strategy, design, and product
- Ability to deliver research or workshops that are engaging, creative, and conversation-sparking
- Familiarity with enterprise-level analytics platforms
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong knowledge of methodologies and study design
- Experience with agile SaaS environment is preferred but not required
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.