What you'll do:
- Lead and shape and help define process for a growing and business-critical team of UX researchers to help improve the usability of our products, uncover new business opportunities, and inform our roadmap.
- Empathize with our users through ongoing, frequent, strategic, and significant research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (surveys, interviews, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observations, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with a passionate team of researchers in creating a breadth and depth of strategic impact across the company
- Demonstrate a strong advocacy and execution for research to be a key stakeholder and leader throughout the product development cycle
- Work collaboratively with leadership to develop an organizational structure that satisfies both employee development needs and leverages the strength of a design-focused business
- Partner with our data analysts to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights and with market research to grow and develop our research capabilities.
- Guide the product team to design empathetically and propose actionable solutions to user needs. Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Communicate and present insights to various stakeholders in a clear and persuasive manner
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of hands-on UX research experience, familiarity with various qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience managing and shaping a growing team of UX researchers. Understanding of employee development and organizational design
- Deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, using them to effectively roll out large-scale programs
- Experience with end-to-end research projects; from defining goals and objectives, developing scripts or interview guides, conducting fieldwork, analyzing results, and sharing insights with stakeholders to the implementation and measurement of research recommendations
- Demonstrated experience with research at every step of the product development cycle, informing both strategic and tactical decisions.
- An ability to use research insights to develop personas, journey maps and process flows
- A Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, a related field or the equivalent experience