Senior UX Designer at iHerb
The Senior UI/UX Designer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade e-commerce systems on top desktop and mobile platforms. The Senior UI/UX Designer is responsible for bringing concepts to reality through the use of various visualization practices such as wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Articulate ideas, design solutions, brainstorm and collaborate with Designers, Business Owners, Product Managers, Developers and other stakeholders to determine user interface needs
- Develop UX/UI documentation such as site outlines, process flows, sketches, scenarios, personas, wireframes and navigation models for web, desktop, and mobile applications to define functionality and user behavior
- Provide mentorship to associate and mid-level designers
- Participate in hiring, onboarding and instilling processes to help build the design culture
- Possess a good working knowledge about emerging user interface / interaction design standards and best practices
- Use a data-driven approach and being able to translate insights into design solutions
- Partner with our Development Team to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation
- Review applications throughout the development lifecycle to ensure integrity of information architecture and usability guidelines
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thinking of design at a holistic, systematic level vs an elemental standpoint
- Experience designing complex flows and user journeys
- Demonstrates ability to drive projects forward with little to no supervision
- Provides support to less experienced team members
- Experience with A/B testing
- Advanced knowledge and experience of static wireframes, lo-fi prototypes, and hi-fi interactive prototypes of the user experience as part of a user centered design process
- Experience designing for mobile platforms
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- Consistently provide accurate estimates without reducing quality
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and use good organizational skills
- A passion for being the voice of the user and a proven track-record building user-centric solutions
- Demonstrated experience using best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design
Generally Requires the Following a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience as a UX/UI Designer. A portfolio demonstrating experience with complex applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, or Information Science, or UI/UX Design or related field required, or equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.