Senior UX Designer at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for a talented Senior User Experience (UX) Designer. You will work alongside a team of accomplished Product Managers, under the direction of our VP of Product.
As a UX Designer at WELL, you’ll be working directly with our users as well as other internal teams, Engineering, and Marketing, to help shape the future of our rapidly growing product. You'll bring an exceptional and intuitive experience to our clients and their patients through understanding their needs; taking complex problems and distilling them into simple, intuitive designs.
- Collaborate with WELL Product Management and Engineering teams to design new features in WELL using flow diagrams, mockups, wireframes, and other UX artifacts
- Distill complex concepts into intuitive and easy-to-use UX frameworks
- Orchestrate usability testing with users both onsite at hospitals across the country or via remote sessions
- Analyze and re-assess user engagement and success after releasing new UX designs
- Conduct user research and interviews
- Own entire UX journey map
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of experience designing beautiful, functional, world-class applications
- A strong portfolio of prior design work, including knowledge of software development life cycle
- Expert in at least one design software (such as Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of working with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to travel up to 20% when travel resumes
- Healthcare IT experience preferred
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are open to candidates that would be interested in working full-time out of our headquarters when we return to in-office work, or those that are already located within the United States and seeking a permanently remote position.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic remote company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
MacBook Pro provided
Unlimited vacation/PTO and a flexible work schedule
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.